Sunday, October 02, 2011

another one down

so, this week I finished another christmas gift. Gentian socks for my friend. These were a fun, free, cabled pattern and an easy knit. Love the madtosh sock I made them with.
On to the next gift.......














I also won a contest. The very generous robin of robin's nest sent me this beautiful green yarn, some patterns and some hershey's kisses (oops, the kisses are missing). I had entered this contest about 3 months ago, and it was a pleasant surprise to be the random winner. Thanks Robin!












Last but not least, cinnamon brown is modeling my new book, knit-swirl. I've been coveting it for a while, but, no discount on amazon. Knitpicks, however, was quite accomodating and put it on sale for 40% off, so, there ya go. I needed some new size 4 dpn's anyway to do my beekeeper, so, had to have it.











There are some more books on the way. I've pre-ordered judy's magic cast on, socktopus, and the principles of knitting. All due in oct-dec.

This week I also started the Koi-rama KAL. It's quite involved, but turning out very nicely. When I get caught up on that, I'll start my next christmas gift. I think it's going to be a couple of knitted doggies for johnette's grandsons.

On the house front, we should be getting the preliminary plans back this week, and we're headed to the tacoma home show next weekend to look for ideas!

1 comment:

Nana Sadie said...

Congrats on everything! :)
(((hugs)))