Sunday, March 06, 2011

thank goodness THAT's over......

What a difference a week makes. The snow is pretty much all gone and it's 50 degrees.
Go figure. The hummingbirds are still hanging out and feeding like crazy, though.
It's so serious that you have to be careful when you go out the door here. You're likely to get "buzzed" and cursed at a bit for interrupting their dinner.
I know it's really hard to see in this pic, but look right in the middle. They DO sit still, much more than we actually think. Most of their still time is guarding their feeders from other hummingbirds. I don't know how many there are in our yard, but yesterday, I saw 4 at once, so there's at least that many.











This week, the mailman was good to me. When I saw the blue and white knee-highs in that book, I had to have it. The chart reading one was just an add-on to make it to the amazon free shipping minimum. It DOES look extremely interesting, though, and I've taken classes from JC Briar at sock summit and found them very informative.











So, here's what I did with my snow down time. It's a lace wedding shawl for one of my clients that's getting married in august. I'm going to run out of yarn two rows short of it being complete, but I'm finishing this last row and casting off. It's been a fairly easy knit and is open and light. Perfect for an august evening wedding.
I'll block it and put it away until it's time.












I'm also still working on the endless hooded scarf from hades - no progress there..... I think it'll end up being a christmas present for my sister next year.
Next up.... The little mermaid KAL. Graience lace and beads. I can hardly wait!
As you can see, the doggies are overcome with excitement.

1 comment:

Nana Sadie said...

I'm chomping at the bit to get that lace charting book!
:)