Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

I've never really been one for new year's resolutions, but I do have some things in mind for 2011.

Knitting-wise I'd like to take some colorwork classes. I'm especially intrigued by intarsia and steeks. Hopefully they'll be a class around here somewhere. Not the LYS, though, they only offer your first sweater, sock, etc. Same-same. I'll probably have to go up to yorkshire yarns, but that's ok, they're pretty cool there.

I'll also be going to sock summit in july. The current plan is to shop a day, volunteer for a day and see what happens. I can hardly wait. It was SO MUCH fun last time.


I'd also like to do some test knitting. I'm already supposed to do a shawl soon. We'll see.

I have LOTS of projects lined up, socks, shawls, and even a sweater or two, starting with Moonstruck, just as soon as I get the yarn for it next week.

I'm still not sure about commiting to a club. I'm thinking about just making my own club with some random kits, a pattern club and my stash. I'm already in for the little mermaid kal, the Mrs. Dalloway's garden shawl from woolgirl and Janel Laidman's art and sole pattern club.

2010 did end with a bang, though, having FINALLY conqued bee fields!














The doggies were very excited.















It also brought some goodies.....
Fibro fibers nightfall. It's a long gradient that goes from black to a beautiful teal. I'm thinking it just has to be a shawl. Either traveling woman or batik.

1 comment:

Nana Sadie said...

Oh Bee Fields is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations!
(((hugs)))