Sunday, January 23, 2011

knitting frustration!!!!!

I have no knitting to show you this week and this is why.......
A LONG time ago I fell in love with the moonstruck sweater. I waited and waited for the yarn to come in and finally ordered. Blue Moon Gaea, "in the navy". The pattern and website said 3 skeins for the size I needed. I knew it would be close. It wasn't anywhere NEAR close. I ran out. With the back, one side and both sleeves done. So, I ordered more, hoping the color would be even sort of close enough to finish. It WAS NOT. Now I know, it's hand dyed and one of a kind, and TOTALLY my fault, I should have ordered that extra one to begin with.........

I have spent 2 days trying to make the colors work and the reality of it is, I just wouldn't wear it. It is SO different. Much lighter. A whole different color. I have emailed blue moon to see if I can send them a sample of the first batch to try to get even a BIT closer. For now, Moonstruck is hibernating with the back, one front, two sleeves and the other front half done. Every time I look at it, it makes me sick to my stomach. It's a beautiful sweater (almost). Keep your fingers crossed they can make a darker skein.


So..... I've just been working on the colorwork scarf. Looks just like the other side I posted last week.

Next up.......The Orchid Thief shawl with my fibro fibers nightfall. I think it's going to look great.

I also think all this knitting frustration is giving me spring fever.....my thoughts are turning to gardening.

Since there's no knitting, I thought I'd give you some critter pics. No hummingbirds, although there's been a major hummingbird war going on here, they're just too FAST.
So, here's some Ozzie and a little Yogi.



1 comment:

Bea said...

My fingers are crossed for you. I hope they can manage to get a "semi" color match.