Sunday, January 31, 2010

It was a "SASSY" class



Last night I had the pleasure of taking a "sassy" class from designer Mary Scott Huff.. What a kick. When she saw that I was wearing my fairy ring sweater (one of her designs), she ran up to me and gave me a great big hug. She's a great teacher, very open and funny to boot. I think everyone there had a great time. She signed my book, too!
We were doing Norwegian knitting, a mitten that she designed called "queen of hearts", and you can see how far I got. I can hardly wait to finish. It's a great valentine's project. Love the colors. Here's the progress on the mitten and also the Haruni.











I'm loving this shawl too. Had to order more yarn because I wanted a bigger one, but it's going really fast.

The fifth clue to the mystery sock is published as well. I'm keeping up pretty well, and there's only one clue left. Now I'm looking for another mystery sock KAL. I really enjoy getting the clues and progressing with everyone. There's a couple on Ravelry that I'm looking at. Seems a great way to manage the stash.

Lots of fun coming up in the next few weeks. Next sunday is the garden show in seattle, and the following week, Madrona, the annual knitting conference in Tacoma. I love this time of year!

Gratuitious doggie pic. No cats were harmed in the taking of this picture. Although, right after I snapped it, squiggi reached over and bonked her on the head. He just loves to invite trouble.

2 comments:

Bea said...

The mitten is really cute and your haruni is just gorgeous.

What is it with cats and bonking dogs on the head? Penny does this too and then nearly gets bitten.

Nana Sadie said...

I love that mitten!!!

I'm glad you had a good class, and hope the "kids" play nice now...
(((hugs)))