Sunday, January 04, 2009

welcome to 2009

As much as I don't follow through with new year's resolutions, there are a few things I would like to accomplish in the new year.
Keep knitting and challenging myself
Attend sock summit
Finish my pilates certification
Build a house
Is that enough?

I would also like to post to this blog at least once a week. Sundays seem to work well, so here's the first sunday post.......

The snow is FINALLY gone. The shack fever is fading, and work is picking up like crazy. I'm taking on 2 new classes at the Y, back to teaching bodyflow, and trying to fit in my pilates practice hours somewhere.
I'm doing another training next weekend and then all I'll have left is one more weekend and many months of studying for the final exam.

In knitting news, finished cleopatra socks, which I thought were going to get the best of me. My first toe-up, with cables and all. Good thing I was house-bound with the snow at the time.














Also nearly finished with "the" noro scarf. When it was super cold, I realized that I needed a solid, not fun fur, not lace scarf just to keep warm, and the noro striped scarf fit the bill. I have enough to make one more, and I'll do that and put it away for next year's christmas present to someone, maybe me!
Noro scarf #1, 264/47,




#2 268/292.











Next up are the cloning anemone socks, trying to get caught up with my sock club before it starts again. I also need to finish my fingerless gloves I started, but that shouldn't take too long. I think a sweater will follow.

No comments: