Sunday, September 01, 2013

Paying it forward....

this week, there were more than a few rainy days....They were spent running errands and working on this little project.
Now, it's not particularly my cup of tea, but it was easy......
It came about because one of my pilates clients asked if I could finish this for a friend of hers. The friend apparently was determined to do it, but couldn't figure it out and really wanted the little scarf.
1x1 rib, with 7 different colors, just knit until you run out and start the next one.....it's all done except a couple of ends to weave in.
she offered  to pay me for doing it, but meh......it wasn't THAT hard.

I also finished the Christmas gloves, no pic. I don't know if I'm happy about them or not. The lorna's laces solemate seems to stretch a bit as you work with it, and I think they came out a bit big. I used the smallest needles, size 0......I'll give them to her anyway, but I also have some nice bugga leftovers and I think I'll end up making another pair.
Also started working on some man-socks (a Christmas present too), but didn't get too far. I'm using the solemate for those too....we'll see.

This week, working outside until we can't anymore (it'll  happen soon enough). I'll probably work on the socks a bit and gift the scarf when my client comes back on Wednesday.
We're also going to the fair on Friday......look at the critters and have some lunch. There's just nothing cuter than a baby pigmy goat!!

No comments: