Sunday, September 22, 2013

off to OFF and switching gears......

On Friday, we'll be packing up the car and taking off to OFF. (Oregon flock and fiber).
It should be a fantastic time. The vendor list alone is enough to make any knitter weep with anticipation, over 130, just sayin'.
Next week, there will be a full report. I have to remember to take the camera, or better yet, take pictures.
Needless to say, I'll probably be sleeping in on sunday!

In other news, I decided to take a week or so off from knitting man Christmas socks, and to change direction a bit on my sock yarn leftovers. Remember all those hexipuffs I've made? Well.....I decided I didn't want to sew them all together and switched projects entirely to THIS

 
So, now I'm dismantling the hexis and making this little blankie, which will actually be a BIG
 blankie eventually. It's kinda fun to see the different yarns, some of which are mine and some gifted from friends. It makes me think "this was a pair of socks, or this was a sweater".  I'll be plugging away on this for a while. When I get bored, I'll go back to the man-socks, and the pair of bugga gloves I need to knit for Christmas.
 
This week, the camp loopy yarn arrived too...If you finish all 3 challenges with camp loopy, you get a free skein of yarn. This year, it was lorna's laces soulemate. I chose this colorful blue and white. No idea what I'll make with it, but I do like the blue.
 
 
Next week, more blankie (it's supposed to rain anyway), and a report from OFF. I think I need to rest up for all the potential yarny awesomness!
 

No comments: