Saturday, May 18, 2013

summer camp!!!!!

this week, I had the pleasure of joining the loopy ewe's summer knitting camp for the third year. The challenge for the first project is to use one skein of something you've never used before, up to 375 yards on anything you'd like. I've made the commitment to myself to make this about christmas presents, so, my irish girls adorn sock in birch will be some christmas gifted socks.


I also had a bit of a falling off the no yarn buying wagon, (it WAS on sale). I'm such a sucker for a gradient yarn, and when it comes in green........add a sale, it was all over!



Not the best pic, but it's black trillium pebble sock in the pine gradient. Don't know what it's going to be yet, just know I had to have it.

I've pretty much finished the bee sweater (pics next week). The only thing that's left is to sew down the picot edge and cover the steeks with seam binding. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Next week., not sure what's up. Camp doesn't officially start until june 1, so I'll have to find an interim project. I have some things in mind....stay tuned.


No comments: