Sunday, July 31, 2011

It was awesome

here we are, a bit hung over from the yarn fumes, tired as heck and back from the awesomeness that was sock summit. I'd have to say a good time was had by all.
I got there about 2 on thursday with my friend Pam. We picked up our registration packets and noticed the line for the marketplace was already forming! By the time we joined it, it went down the aisle, around the corner, and eventually went into another room. They let us in promptly at 4:30 and we shopped 'till we dropped. Then it was off to the opening ceremonies.
After a good night's sleep, we hit the marketplace AGAIN on friday morning for a more leisurely shop. I had a class in the afternoon, tesselations with Franklin Habit (take it if you can, it's awesome), and then we met for dinner with 20 people we had never met and went to a great portland restaraunt, came back to the hotel and crashed.
Saturday, I volunteered for a vendor, Anzula, and had a great time. I sold yarn to Anna Zilboorg, talked to Mary Scott-Huff, and told Ann Budd that she had the PERFECT yarn. Not to mention all the other fun folks who strolled through, bought yarn and just petted. Then it was off to the pooling lecture for another mind altering experience. After that, we went out for lebanese dinner, and off to Stephanie's talk before another total crash and burn at the hotel.
This morning, it was up early and on the road. House cleaning and life to do.
I had such a wonderful time, met some great folks, got a (temporary)tattoo,













shopped till I dropped, and I can already hardly wait to go back in 2013, where, I understand, they have the ENTIRE convention center reserved. (we'll also try again to break the guiness world record)
my spoils from the market.....
some lorna's laces solemate, special ss colorway,
miss babs, yowza, what a skein for mansocks
noro silk garden sock (it was on sale)
cooperative press goodie bag
Mary scott-huff and blue moon violets steeked scarf kit.
and some misc. goodies











yogi is modeling my "payment" from anzula. 950 yards of beautiful laceweight.











The good news is, the bathroom is coming along, slowly but surely.......









Next week, third installment of camp loopy, more colorwork sleeves and knitting at the county fair.

1 comment:

Nana Sadie said...

And did you DANCE?????

I'm already plotting for 2013.

(WHAT A HAUL! And you sold Anna yarn? She is my "other" idol ... along with BW)
(((hugs)))