Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ok, so, check THIS out......

going to yard sales is kind of like that old saying "you gotta kiss a lot of frogs". But, every once in a while, you find that little gem and the voice in your head says "SCORE!" Here's mine...





It's 4 skeins of Koigu KPPM and a whole bunch of heel reinforcing thread. The price? 50 cents. A good investment, I'd say. It's even yarn I'll use. And, yes, you can come yard sale-ing with me any time. The bus leaves at 7:30, you bring the coffee. I get dibs on the yarn! (I got the shell at a yard sale too - I love sea shells, fossils and rocks, I'm such a geek)


This week brought progress on a couple of things. The shawl is about as far as it will go without more yarn. I have to say I LOVE ravelry, though. When it seemed like there was not going to be enough, I got on the "in search of" board, and had my yarn in about 20 minutes. It won't be the same dye lot, but I'm at the edging and I think I can get away with a bit of a difference. If it matches REALLY well by some chance, I'll do another row of lace, we'll see.




The sock is "goody gumdrops" from the 2008 STR sock club. My friend Johnette fell in love with mine, so little does she know, she's getting 'em for christmas. Again, thanks to rav. I bought the yarn from someone's stash, with just this project in mind.


I'm also looking forward to the first installment of the summer mystery shawl. It starts this coming saturday, which, by the way, is knit in public day for the south sound. We're going up the road a piece to hang in a park, knit, and check out the promised booths and prizes. Should be a fun day.


I was also inspired to joing the CSK this week. It's a fun project by Chrissy Gardiner, designer. She's writing a new indie sock book and had this great idea for a sock pattern club with a year's worth of patterns from her future book. It's pretty cool. All indie dyers. With the pattern club, you get the patterns in pdf in advance and the price also includes a copy of the book when it's published. Couldn't help myself, just couldn't.

Don't know how much knitting will happen this week, the weather here is turning nice again, so, out to the yard before the weeds take over.

2 comments:

Bea said...

Wow. You did get lucky. Awesome. Love that flower. So beautiful.

Nana Sadie said...

You DID score! WOW. I'm jealous...
(((hugs)))