Sunday, June 06, 2010

a little progress, a little stash enhancement

First the stash enhancement......
The newest Vogue magazine was waiting for me when I finally chased down the mailman.
Don't GET me started on the postal service. They were also hanging on to some yarn that came for me. See, now, it wouldn't have been all that bad, but there was YARN involved. NEVER come between a woman and her yarn!
L to Right, some traveller from the sanguine gryffon. This is a love-child color. I didn't get to pick it, and I'm not sure I love it. I do love the yarn base, though, and it's 560 yards, so a nice amount and good for man socks. The blue is laceweight from spinny bunny fibers. It's for the summer mystery KAL that starts june 19th. A shawl that will be my first attempt at chart knitting. We'll see how that goes. The third, light purple is a skinny bugga, also a love-child, one of a kind. It kind of reminds me of vancouver violet in the STR.













Next, the progress. This is Hamamelis, (rav link) in dream in color smooshy, gothic rose. A little early christmas knitting for my friend amy. It's going fast, or maybe it's just because it won't quit raining! The color is actually a bit darker. I just happened to catch the only 5 minutes of sun yesterday.










Speaking of rain, it's been great for the yard, in one way. It's turning into a jungle. Not so great for the yard in another way, it's turning into a jungle. I haven't been able to get out and weed for about 2 weeks now. I'm feeling like I'm going to have to start all over. The weeds are taking over!


3 comments:

Revlahart said...

Chart knitting is a breeze once you get used to it. I find the written directions difficult these days.

What's the little shawl you're knitting now? I can't find it on Rav!

Nana Sadie said...

I hated charts when I started - NOW? I keep the written stuff just in case I need a quick reference, but I almost never use them. CHARTS! YAY!
Lovely yarn, the garden is gorgeous...what do you think of VK this time?
(((hugs)))

Bea said...

The garden looks really really great. Your stash enhancements are good too even if they are blue :)