Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sock Summit!! OH MY!!!

First, let me say I don't think I've had that much fun with a bunch of folks I didn't know in a long time. Secondly, let me say, none of us were strangers for long.
What an amazing 4 days.
I kinneared Lucy Neatby in Starbucks. Took a class from her too. It was fantastic. I don't think I've learned that much about knitting ever.















Took a class from the amazing Barbara Walker (as well as others). She was having a bit of a "yard sale" and selling some little tidbits that she had knitted. Of course, everyone in the class had to have something, just so they could say "Barbara Walker knitted this" Pretty amazing. Of course, I had to have something too, and ask her to sign my book.














Kinneared Stephanie (Yarnharlot). Sorry the pic is blurry. She never stood still the entire weekend. The woman has immense energy.
















Participated in the world record breaking attempt for most folks knitting at once.








Went to an awesome ravelry party










Took some more classes, met some great folks, traded a whole bunch of stitch markers and shopped 'til I dropped. I made a haul!






Stephanie and Tina said that "next time" is two four letter words, but they're hinting that there might just be a next time in a couple of years. I'm starting RIGHT NOW saving my allowance so that I can go.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Great meeting you!
A very accurate description of a great weekend!
Stay safe!!!

Nana Sadie said...

I am so glad I had the chance to meet you, swap stitch markers, share the MAX ride to Ravelry Meetup and back again!

What fun...and I'm going to start saving my pennies and allowance, too!
(((hugs)))

twinsetellen said...

So fun to relive SS through everyone's blogs! I sure would have jumped on the chance to buy a knitted bit from BW!

Bea said...

Sock summit looks like it was so much fun.