Sunday, August 23, 2009

how did summer get to be almost over????

Time to think about christmas present knitting already.
I will NOT be finishing gifts on christmas eve, will not, will not.......

One of the coolest things I saw at sock summit was wenat's awesome pooled scarf. It inspired me to go DIRECTLY to the blue moon booth and buy more yarn. This scarf was done in a week, using a pattern from the yarn floozies site. It doesn't pool as cleanly as hers, but I love the colors. It's Champman springs in silkie. This one's for me. There's another already on the needles for someone else, in a lovely emerald green.
















In other knitting news, one garden sock (sock club) is done. I'm planning on starting the second one this week so that I can knit the easy parts at the lacey farmer's market in a couple of weeks. If I get past the leg and turning the heel, it's pretty much mindless from there.

I think sister's still recovering from the beach. Any old pillow in a pinch!

2 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Wow you're ambitious! I'm not nearly ready to think of holiday knitting...
I know, I'll be working on things Christmas Eve...
(((hugs)))

Bea said...

Oh my goodness, Abby does that with her dolls all the time. Chris got a new feather pillow and he'd tossed the old one on the floor for just a minute and then turned to get it and it was gone. Turns out she'd hauled it into her crate. Such a smart dog.

Love the scarf, cleanly pooling or not.