Sunday, August 24, 2014

it's been a yarny kind of week

After having a REALLY crummy birthday, (there was this fence post and a bunny), and not buying yarn for quite some time.....I decided to go all out in a belated birthday present to me!
Black trillium triggered the mini-spree by putting all her yarns on sale. I've been eyeing this gradient for a while, with the yellowjacket shawl in mind. The sale (and the crummy birthday), were just too much, and resistance was futile.
I won't start the shawl until the weather starts to go bad, which will be soon enough.

Next up, was the loopy ewe. I've always loved their kits, and they're just great folks with great yarn. I couldn't resist their eighth anniversary kit....I mean, really, smooshy with cashmere.....The pattern that came with it didn't do much for me, but the yarn.......and the little kit is pretty cool too, with a magnetic closure and some really cute little snips a couple of darning needles, and some nice cable needles as well. You can never have too much of any of those things.
In other knitting news, I'm just about done with the second blankie panel. I think I'm going to sew them together as I go, so I can see exactly where I'm at. Pics next week on that one.

No comments: