Saturday, January 04, 2014

new year, new knitting

Fresh blog look too....
Every year, I try to set myself at least one knitting goal and one new technique to learn. Last year, my challenge was to tackle double knitting, and I did that with a great craftsy class that really helped me (finally) understand it.

This year, my technique of choice is brioche knitting.....another year, another class. Just so happens, there's a craftsy class on brioche, and it was even on sale. Merry Christmas to me!

Another one of my "goals" is to knit down the stash. Although I'm not quite to SABLE, it's close.....
I'd like to reduce the stash by half by the end of the year. We'll see how that goes......

In my "knit from the stash" theme....I've been working on the astral shawl.
You can see miss kitty is helping as well. The pic just don't do the colors justice, they're actually much more blue/purple, in a really kinda cool blue/ purple kind of way.



I'll keep plugging away at this one, and my sock yarn blankie. Up next....I'm thinking I'm going to dig out that Cheshire cat kit from a while ago. It's two kinds of stripey pink, great socks, with a little twist.
;)

No comments: