Sunday, July 21, 2013

camp loopy, project 3..... coming up~

The camp project 3 was announced this week. The requirements are 800 yds. That's all......
800 yds in one month. Being the overachiever I am, I decided to knit a sweater. I chose the Ink pattern, and hurried up to buy it before I changed my mind. I'm a bit burnt out on shawls right now, so I think this will be a good challenge. I have a couple of knitting days planned, one at the fair, working for the master gardeners, and one at the lacey community market, doing the same. These usually make for good knitting time, since we're just there to answer questions from the public, and mostly they ask me about my knitting. The sweater is a whole lot of stockinette, with some cables in there for interest, so it should make good public knitting.

In the mean time.......I'm working on this girasole....
 
the yarn isn't as orange as it looks in this pic, more gold. It's dream in color smooshy gold experience. I've had the yarn for this for quite a while (bought it on a trip to the coast one time). When I was looking for 800 yd patterns to do, this one came up. I seriously contemplated doing it for the #3 challenge, but I already had the yarn. (see, you have to buy the yarn from the loopy ewe for your projects if you want to qualify for the free skein at the end), so, the sweater it is. I'm working on this in the meantime while I'm (not so) patiently waiting for my "official" yarn to arrive. As soon as we can cast on for the third project, girasole will rest for a while.....
 
I added a skein of lornas laces soulemate to my camp order for a pair of Christmas gloves for my sister. I was kind of hoping to incorporate the gloves as project 3, but they'll have to wait until the sweater is done.
I also got a great deal on a couple of other skeins of solemate (half price!) to make a pair of man Christmas gift socks. I guess I have a few projects lined up.
 
So, next week, some yummy yarn pics.

No comments: