Sunday, April 28, 2013

queen bee sweater.....

so, the sleeves are done and the body is cast on.
There wasn't too much knitting this week. The weather was nice and there were other priorities to be done.

Here's the body so far.....

I'm a little frustrated because I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of the brown yarn. This isn't the first time this has happened from this designer. She seems to have a bit of an issue with estimating yardage. I shoulda known. I'm going to go as far as I can, and then plead on ravelry to see if anyone has a partial skein. These are huge, over 500 yds, and expensive, and I won't need a whole one.
Don't you have a hard time working on something that you know is probably doomed?
just sayin'

Camp loopy will be coming up soon, and I'm starting to look for patterns that will work and be fun. I've singled out a couple of fun shawls. That leftie is on the top of my list. And my sister could use another pair of gloves for christmas. It's going to depend what the "rules" are for each month, but I'm thinking of using this opportunity for gift knitting.

I can't promise there will be much knitting over the next week. It is planting season ya know, even though my landscapers are stalled now until the 14th of may. Still plenty to be done.
I'll be plugging away at the bee sweater.

No comments: