Sunday, April 14, 2013

VKL, some fo's, and a new project.....

ok, I know I was mia last week.......

Last saturday, we boogied up to vogue knitting live to do some shopping. A good time was had by all.......I really didn't buy much,  just some needles I needed. There's something about having to move your stash to make your realize just how much you have......We did have a good time there, though, and I saw some really cute things I'll be coming back for. The first was black trillium fiber's gradient kit....I'm a sucker for a good gradient kit and she had a really cute little shawl/scarf made up.

Next was leftie. SOMEONE kept trying to talk me into getting one of the kits that were made up there to make this cutie....I couldn't make up my mind, but I'm SURE there's something in that giant stash that will work pretty well......

We also ran into a designer who was wearing the COOLEST circular sweater. I love circular sweaters, but can never seem to find one that has just the right stuff. This one did, good butt covering qualities, enough circle to cover "things", a very interesting construction with cables around the circle. It had it all. As soon as the pattern is available, I'm ON it.

I have to keep in mind that camp loopy starts soon, so most of these would make great camp projects.

I did finish a little something too......my snowflake doubleknit scarf.

 
And started something else.....queen bee sweater.
It's much further along now, since it's been raining all week. The sleeves are almost done.
I AM worried about running out of yarn on the body, but, onward!
 
not sure what next week will bring.....depends on the weather and the landscapers.
If it's crummy and the landscapers don't show up, I'll probably have a whole sweater done. If it's  nice, I'm going outside to play. Right now, it's raining buckets.....welcome to spring.
 

No comments: