Sunday, May 23, 2010

what IS it about cats and wet wool??


Really!
The first sleeve of the traveling sweater is done and blocked, with no help from the critters. The second one is about 1/2 done. I'll probably block the big piece today and be finished with the second sleeve before the end of the week. All that's left is to put the pieces together. I'm still not sure how that goes, but I'm trying not to stress about it. I think I'll be the first one finished in the KAL, not that it's a race. I can thank the bad weather here for that. No yard work in the rain.













This week I also bought some Malbrigio Lace from a stash on Rav. I think I'll make Anne Hanson's "bee fields" with it. I'm trying to decide if I want to try for another skein. I know it would be a different dye lot, but I could do the edging with it. I really like a larger shawl. We'll see.

Next up, I'm going to finish the second endpaper mitt, and then move on to "hammelies" with the DIC gothic rose I got in the trade for my may sock kit.
It's going to make a nice christmas present shawl for my friend Amy for christmas - don't worry, she doesn't read this blog. I think it'll be a good beach knitting project.

3 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I can't answer your title question...but they surely love it, don't they?
Bee Fields is a gorgeous shawl!!!
(((Hugs)))

Daisymum said...

Did you get your wallet?

Bea said...

I don't know what it is with cats. I usually block everything in a room that closes so I can just lock them out. Incidentally if its on the floor then its attractive to the dogs around here too.