Sunday, May 16, 2010

MMMMMMM, Bugga!

Ok, so, all those folks can't be wrong. The Bugga phenom has a definite reason.
I took the opportunity to buy some a couple of weeks ago from the sanguine gryphon site and, it's very nice. L to R, 2 skeins of 'fat' bugga for my birch stole, a mystery skein of skinny bugga, I'm thinking it's going to be a shawl, and some dream in color smooshy in gothic rose, that I traded my may sock club yarn for. That yellow was just not me, and the gothic rose will make a perfect shawl for my friend Amy for christmas. I'd definitely do the bugga again. They're having a special thing on the site where they pick a color and offer it in unlimited quantities on a dye to order basis. It's only good for 24 hrs after the update, but it's a great way to try something new. (and the mystery stuff too) Some gorgeous stuff there.













The traveling sweater is progressing. I've finished the 'wedges' and moved on to a sleeve. It's about 1/2 way done. It's supposed to start raining like crazy by the end of the week, so there it is, some good knitting time.

I'm also looking for the perfect shawl. When we went to sock summit last year, the most impressive thing wasn't the socks (although they were impressive), it was the gorgeous shawls that everyone seemed to have. So......I'm in search of the perfect one. Gotta play with the cool kids. I'll know it when I see it.


Meanwhile, it's out to the garden!

1 comment:

Nana Sadie said...

Anything by Anne Hanson is perfect.

Or Ishbel? Or Brandywine? Or...hmm check my Queue, there are some lovelies there...
:)
Love the yarn. Love. The Gothic Rose. Must go see...no, must control the urge...
(((hugs)))