Sunday, February 15, 2009

OH! Madrona!!!

I know, I know, I was MIA last week. I was SO sick I couldn't get off the couch.
Feeling much better now, but it's STILL hanging on a bit.


Yesterday was the annual local fiber fest, Madrona. It's always very dangerous for the pocketbook. Mostly because Blue Moon is there and a whole bunch of other folks that don't usually get out much. I mostly spent all of my allowance at the Blue Moon booth, purchasing STR Heavyweight for the february lady sweater, and a couple of other things that I just couldn't resist.



The patterns are very cool, as well as the free one that I downloaded on the internet. The yarn they had made them in was very stiff and scratchy, I'm sure I could do better, but I loved the cabling and the pattern. Just what I needed, another project.






I do have to finish the gumdrops socks first, before anything else, and they're making some progress.












I'm also starting to think about some spring knitting, maybe another shot a the "Flow" tank, or a couple of the other tanks I have yarn for, but never started last season.

I'll leave you with a shot of a boxer girl in the sun. She had to kick the cat out of that spot, but that nice sunbeam was just too much to resist.


And, Bea, I haven't forgotten your blog award, just too sick and too busy.
I'll get to it soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Bea said...

No worries. Your haul looks wonderful. I love the color you picked for your February Lady sweater. Lovely. Cinnamon looks really comfortable.