Sunday, January 11, 2015

firestarter socks

so, for my post holiday knitting, I decided to do a bit of something for myself....
these firestarter socks have been in the works FOREVER. Like, they've been in my que on ravelry since I joined there. So, without further ado.....


After finishing these, I went back to the blankie for a bit.....I'm going to try to do a little on it every week. We'll see how that goes......

Now it's off to the stash to find the next knitting project, although I've been bitten by the glass bug too.
Yes, that's a dragonfly on a bowling ball. It needs to be grouted, but I think it turned out pretty darned good. Next up, I have a plan to do an owl.....way more complicated, but I think it will be cool. The key to these is small pieces of glass, patience and time. You just have to work on them a bit and then walk away for the day.  the other trouble is finding the bowling balls. All of a sudden, there seems to be a rush on used, beat up bowling balls at the local thrift stores. WHAT's up with that??

No comments: