Sunday, December 08, 2013

workin' the socks

This week, it was all about the socks, for ME!
After seeing this self-striping yarn on a popular blog, I just had to have it. It's been a long time since I've knit with self-striping, and I loved the colors. So, off to ebay, the only place it was available.
It arrived last Saturday, and I cast on right away for some simple toe-up, plain-Jane socks. These will be nice and warm, since it's currently 17 degrees here. They went pretty fast, and they're all done. No second sock syndrome here.

 
I also rooted through the stash a bit and found some knitpicks sock yarn I've been hoarding for a while. They'll make a good pair of man-socks, and one is already half way done.
 
I have to say, my experiment with lorna's laces solemate was a complete fail. The yarn is not as thick as I'd like, so it really doesn't keep you warm, and both projects turned out really small, even though they seemed the right size while they were being made. Not sure what happened there, but I don't think I'd use it again for socks or gloves, maybe a shawl if I liked the colors. DH says his socks feel "plasticey", not sure what that means, but I don't think it's good.
just sayin here......
 
 
This week, more socks and more stash knitting.  It's supposed to MAYBE snow again. The difference this time is that the ground is completely frozen, so, snow or rain, it's going to make a HUGE mess for a couple of days until everything thaws out.
 

No comments: