Saturday, June 07, 2008

This has been a traumatic week





I've spent my whole week listening to THIS. The seven acres of woods next door being destroyed. I don't know why, but I find the whole thing extremely depressing. I guess it's the permanence of this. It will never be back. We've lived here for about 20 years, and truly enjoyed the quiet. All that's come to an end. I have to wonder why.... So some guy can make a ton of money, and in the end, we get 37 new neighbors. Is this the price of progress??

The good news in all of this is that we get to start planning for the new house. Now the question becomes can we afford it? Champagne taste.......



In knitting news.......

The watermelon jaywalkers are done. This was a pretty fast knit, started at the beach.

The first time I tried this pattern, I couldn't figure it out. This time it was easy.

What a difference a year makes.

I'll post a photo when blogger lets me.

Now, on to finish leafling before starting cleopatra's socks.

I'm starting to think about !GASP! Christmas, and what I'm going to make for friends and clients.

It's coming faster than we all want to think about.


30 days to the test........








2 comments:

Bea said...

hmmm...for some reason blogger says I am subscribed to your blog but it isn't updating it?? Weird. I hope you do well on your test. Bull dozers make me sad but then again good things are coming your way...

Bea said...

ooops...I was going to answer your blog comment about Gus' bone! Silly me I got distracted. I'm pretty sure I got that one at Petco. I got 5 at the same time because they were in the clearance bin for some reason. They are awesome, but I guess they were last season or something? I got them for $1.50 a piece. Seemed like a good deal since they are usually $7 or $8.