Sunday, March 02, 2014

half a million beads

The work continues on the beaded leaf shawl. It's now too big for pics to mean anything....you know how lace is before it's blocked. I'll probably make some good progress on it this week, since it's supposed to rain all week, and I'm babysitting a boxer with a bunch of stitches from her surgery.

It's hard to keep her from licking them....may have to get out the cone of shame. She's got another 10 days or so before the staples come out.

I've been cruising ravelry for my next project....not sure what it's going to be, but I might still have to get out the knitpicks stuff I'm trying to work through. That bee shawl is calling my name, though.

I'll also be skipping vogue knitting seattle. I just can't bring myself to pay to shop, no matter HOW wonderful the marketplace is. I'd love to go, but when you add gas, parking, and the price of the marketplace, I can buy some really nice yarn for just that......too bad, if it was free to shop (which in my opinion it SHOULD be), I'd probably be all over it.

No comments: