Sunday, November 03, 2013

plugging away at the blankie.....

yesterday was a dark and stormy day here, so the only activity, aside from making chili, was knitting on the blankie and watching movies. It's making some nice progress, nothing much new to see, though.....

We also went to a craft fair/bazaar and bought miss kitty her very own catnip mouse, after which, chaos abounded. This morning, the cats are all lying around, wasted, and the mouse is no where to be found.....

I also have to take a moment to rant, just a bit......When did the day after Halloween become Christmas???????
I went out to run some errands on Friday, only to find that we had jumped into some kind of time warp continuum that took us straight to Christmas! decorated trees, Christmas carols and all. YIKES!!! I know it's a shorter shopping time this year, but honestly......At least when I worked retail, about 100 years ago, we weren't allowed to put up Christmas stuff until the day after thanksgiving, and,  honestly, that was bad enough. It gave me a lifetime case of Bah-humbug. So, let's put the Christmas stuff away for a bit and have thanksgiving first, OK????

And while I'm on it.....I HATE spring ahead and fall back! Almost enough to consider moving to Hawaii or Arizona!!!!

Ok, rant over......
we will now return you to your regular programming......

No comments: